Thursday, October 24, 2013

1930s Sport Coat - an obsession

I watch a lot of British mystery & crime dramas.  One of my favorites is Poirot - with all of its great outfits from the 1930s.  Lately I've become obsessed with a particular cut of ladies' sport coat.  It's also common in menswear sport jackets - Captain Hastings is often wearing one on the show.

The back has a waistband and a center back pleat (or mirrored side pleats) to allow expansion across the shoulders.  I think with my broad back and slim waist, this could be a comfortable and flattering option for me.  Here are some examples from Sears Catalogs - in the last one they call it "Action Back"






I found & purchased this pattern online at Miss Betty's Attic (a favorite Etsy pattern source).  I think it's got exactly what I'm looking for!



No comments:

Post a Comment