Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cardigan-Jacket-Top?

I just finished sewing (well, actually I didn't hem the bottom, so it's not really finished) McCall's 6844 - one of the 2013 "Patterns of the Year" as judged by sewing.patternreview.com




I wanted to make this in a pretty royal blue sweater-knit, but alas I did not have enough fabric because the damn wool shrunk (cold water wash still means shrinking).  So, I grabbed some ends from other recent projects and cut it out.  


I cut a 36, as I heard it runs large.  I also altered the arms to be 1"wider because I heard they run small.

 


I used my Lola sweatshirt fleece for the bodice and arms.  I didn't have quite enough to cut the full bodice back, so I cut it a little shorter.  Good thing, because it is exactly at my waist with the 3/4" taken off.  The peplum is in that fleecy-spandex-neoprene wannabe fabric that I used to make my yoga pants.  I left the fleecy side out for this one, and it's very soft and fuzzy.  Also, the peplum drapes better with the smooth side down.



No comments:

Post a Comment