Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm not a showgirl, but the name is Lola

I just finished Victory Patterns' Lola sweatshirt dress.

DAMN this thing fit horribly when I first sewed it, even with tissue alterations.  So bad, that I didn't even take an interim snap.

Here's the final product, I guesstimate it's a size 10 top, 8 waist & 14 bottom from their original.  I also added 2" in length.  If you've got nice legs, don't bother as I'm not sure the extra length makes it look better, but I like to hide that part of my body.  Finally, after reading other reviews of this one, I took some advice and cut the pockets to the same size as the side panels.


It still makes my butt look big, but is that so WRONG?

Fabric is organic cotton sweatshirt fleece, in teal, with black ribbing.  Here's a little detail of the triangle front, with my still-lopsided-but-improving-every-garment topstitching.



Super comfy, and a blast from the past of my teen years in the 1980s!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment