Friday, March 7, 2014

Lady Skater 2

I finished hemming my second Lady Skater this morning.  This time, altered 2" shorter in the bodice length, keeping my 1" higher neckline from before, and also skimming about 1/4" off all side-seams for a total 1" off the waistline.  It's a nice fit!

My fabric choice is a ponte de roma from Joanne Fabrics.  It was much more stable to sew up, and is warmer & has less stretch than my rayon version.  This is my first garment with ponte, except some leggings.  I now know to use a press cloth with it, because so much shine & seam show-through happens when you press this stuff.  Seam roll & ham make no difference - this stuff is not iron-friendly.


In the ponte, the rear photo shows some pooling this time.  The rayon just slinks down so this didn't happen last time.  I think part of it is because the skirt is caught on my butt due to cotton leggings underneath, but I could get a nicer fit if I take about 1/2" out for swayback I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment