Sunday, September 22, 2013

F#$k Finishing UFOs - Bring on the flannel!!

Maybe I can't bear looking at all these UFOs, but I'm sure as $#!T not going to finish one.  I haven't sewn in a month (excluding small alterations & mending).  I blame all this fuss about finishing what I started.  If I really wanted to sew those things - they'd be done by now.

Fall is here, and so is my Grainline Archer pattern.

I have a lovely plaid flannel I purchased last fall at "The Textile" in Greenfield, MA or "Eastern Textile" as we locals call it (was there ever a Western Textile?).

I've had great success with sewing plaid in the past as you can see below, so I am READY to go.

Yesterday I assembled the pdf pattern, cut it out in a size 12 grading to 14 in the hips.  I'm not making a muslin, because the 12 should be a little large, and I will lose my motivation if I cut out one more thing I'm not going to end up wearing.  If the shoulders are too tight, so be it!


No comments:

Post a Comment